I dare anyone to watch a good trucker movie an not at least think about going out to get a CB radio to put in their car. I know I have.
Truck Driver Names: A Trucker Ain't a Trucker Without One
Picking out a good trucker nickname may not be the first thing that comes to your mind when learning to drive an 18-wheeler, but it'll quickly come to fruition if you're doing long hauls on the road.
CB radios (or similar alternatives) are still found in practically all big trucks. They really come in handy for finding out information from other drivers in your same vicinity, and are real life-savers for avoiding traffic problems. Oh, and let's not forget that a CB is kind of a necessity for talking to the warehouse workers that load and unload your trailer.
The one other major excuse for having a good CB radio in your truck is for entertainment purposes. Long hauls can get boring, and listening to the radio can only go so far. Sometimes a driver needs a little back and forth interaction... and that's where the CB comes in.
While some drivers may not mind giving their real names when talking to strangers, many may want to be a little more discreet, which is where having a CB handle comes into play.
The list of trucker names and CB handles below is my attempt at helping soon to be truck drivers discover a good nickname to use while on the road. Thanks for giving it a chance, and I really do hope it can help you in some way or another. I would also like to say, "Thank you for all that you do, because you make this country run.".
Trucker Names That Will Blow Your Mind
Little Blue Weasel
Black and Tan
Red Moon Rising
Grand Daddy Low
The Last of the Cowboys
If you ever get a chance to do a ride along with a truck driver, you'll likely get to experience something unlike anything you ever have before. A big part of this life of hauling freight on the road is using the CB radio (or similar device) found in almost all big trucks to talk to other truck drivers. While this can be a great way to pass the time, I need to issue a word of warning... a lot of truck drivers use rather colorful language to say the least, and they don't care what others think of them that much.
Cool Trucker Nicknames for the Guys
The Burly Californian
Good and Plenty
Mister Nice Guy
King of Nye
CB Handle Names That Will Help You Talk Like a Trucker
- Big Hunk: Probably not a good idea to give yourself CB names like this one, unless you can really back the claim.
- Doctor Hump: Funny trucker names... who would've thought?
- Gentle Giant: Plenty of people out there who fit this description.
- Peeps: A friend to many, and many friends to speak of.
- Strawberry Bowler: A truck driver who has red hair and a big fan of bowling? Who knew such a thing existed?
- Summer Lover: Good CB nicknames given by your partner or that special someone is always a welcome surprise.
- Zookeeper: Someone who always keeps the peace during chaos.
Read More from AxleAddict
Eastbound and Down
Smoky and the Bandit was one of my earliest exposures to the truck driving and CB radio culture. In fact, I enjoyed the film so much that I immediately proclaimed to my parents my plan to become a member of the 18-wheeler club when I grew up.
I took every opportunity when on the interstate with my paw to do the "horn pump" with my arm when passing a truck, and to my amazement, most of them responded in kind by giving me a horn toot for real. Sadly, those dreams were never realized due to other opportunities coming up, but from time to time I do think to myself... what if?
Awesome Trucker Nicknames for the Ladies
Trucker Names to Make You Proud
- Dragonfly: Trucker nicknames like this one would be great for a driver who had a tattoo of a dragonfly.
- High Plains Drifter: Some truckers are just wanderers at heart.
- Kentucky Miss: What female driver wouldn't want CB handles like this one?
- Miss .45: For someone who is a fan of the movie, or just a fan of guns.
- River Rock: I know a big rig driver who likes to pull over near streams, creeks and rivers to skip stones whenever she gets the chance. She says it's a real stress reliever from the pressures of the road.
- Suckers: Sweet tooth anyone?
- Uncle Chopper: An uncle who drives trucks and rides motorcycles.
Cool Trucker Talk to Use With Your Awesome CB Nickname
The trucking and CB radio community really does have a language all of it's own. Driving big rigs and talking the talk is really the only way to become familiar with the chatter you'll hear while living the trucker life, but knowing a little before hand may save you a bit of light ridicule from your fellow truckers.
By knowing a little, you may even be able to convince the other truckers that you're not a rookie in the business... but probably not.
Truck drivers are the only ones that know the best places to stop on the road.
— Carole Eastman
More Really Cool Trucker and CB Handles
Big Black Mack
Looks Like We've Got Ourselves A Convoy
Above is a really great truck driver song that inspired a very solid trucker flick directed by the legendary Sam Peckinpah. While the movie is great, the song is fantastic. The chit chat on the CB radios throughout the song is great and fits seamlessly with the whole. Playing the tune while in a truck, as a part of a convoy... is pretty damn cool.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Don