If you regularly use gasoline which has a higher octane rating than is recommended for your particular engine, then you may be doing more harm than good.
Too high an octane rating can cause the air/fuel mixture to prematurely ignite, before the spark. This can cause engine knocking that can lead to eventual damage.
In my article I recommended high octane only to be used in one tankful at one time to clean out the catalytic converter. This is only to be done if your check engine light is on, in order to see if this solves the problem before spending a lot of money on a replacement.
Then you should go back to your normal octane rating. If the light comes on again after resetting it, you may actually need your catalytic converter, or the sensor, replaced.