Everything I plug in my RV has stopped working. Whether it's my microwave, fridge or lamp; I plug something in, and it blows. I have it run to a 220v 40 amp breaker off my shop. What could be the issue?


Well, I assume your RV had operated properly when it was plugged into campground power.

With that said, you have a problem with your receptacle wiring in your shop. Check to make sure both your GROUND and COMMON are wired properly. I've seen this before, and the guy was butting 220-VAC onto their 110-VAC RV circuit. You need to fix this immediately, and hope that you have not blown up your RV Power Control panel, as well as other built-in accessories.

Updated on April 10, 2018

Original Article:

Troubleshooting and Repairing RV Electrical Problems for the Beginner
By Don Bobbitt

Related Questions