A security camera video captures a sheriff car slowing down on a neighborhood road, reacting to stopping traffic. A distracted and very unlucky driver in a pickup truck behind the sheriff doesn't notice the cars slowing down and crashes right into the law enforcement vehicle.
Posted by TikTok user @da_nati_man_77, the below video shows the scene as it happens.
WATCH VIDEO HERE
"My friend," writes commenter @ilir2323, "That is going to be very expensive."
Reader @skys_the_limit_18 asks what happened next. The creator of the video writes, "Blue truck got towed and driver cited a ticket."
"It's called following distance," says @nuketown5822. "No matter how abruptly someone stops you always need enough following distance to stop. Always. He's in the wrong."
"Good thing he did not turn to the sidewalks to avoid that hit," writes @jobzapata21, noticing the pedestrians on the sidewalk right by the scene.
"This is why you travel at a safe distance," advises @q.u.e.e.n1.0. "Don't speed and pay attention to what you're doing as well as other drivers on the road."
"Looks like the white car was waiting for pedestrians to pass so they could turn into a driveway," surmises @geniemiranda. "Blue truck was too busy scrolling TikToks."
We post videos such as these as part of our coverage because we hope there are specific behaviors drivers can learn and implement to help make our roads safer for all of us.
Also check out these videos, recommended for you
- Wild Video Shows Brakeless Truck Zooming Down Mountain Highway and Saves Itself By Doing This
- Motorcyclist Barely Escapes Rear-End Crash By Habitually Implementing One Defensive Act
- Driver Experiences Immediate Karma For One Mistake and People Have Opinions
- Shocking Hit-and-Run Car Accident Caught On Camera As Reporter Broadcasts From Street
- Driver Of 18-Wheeler Passes Out and a Dashcam Captures The Incredible Events That Happen Next
- Video: Driver Spooked As Bird of Prey Swoops Through Open Car Window and They Are Both Freaked Out