100+ Biker Names
Growing up in the biker culture, I’ve had a chance to meet many really awesome and interesting people. I’ve also heard many nicknames—some of them too colorful to put in this article. Typically, when you join up with a crew of bikers, your nickname will come naturally, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a little outside help to influence the name.
A lot of nicknames I’ve heard are a mix of the person’s trade and their first name, like "Tattoo Mike." Obviously, Mike was a tattoo artist. Others were a bit more cryptic, like a gruff guy that I only knew by the name of "Rooster." To this day, I still don’t know what his last name was. Heck, he might not even have one!
Whatever your nickname, it should reflect who you are and what you portray or stand for. Below are some ideas you can use to help come up with your nickname. A good nickname doesn’t just sound cool; it tells a story. Remember that when trying to think of a nickname for others to know you by.
This list of names can also be used as inspiration for those looking for name ideas for their motorcycles—you deserve a fun, exciting biker nickname, and so does your bike!
Biker Names for Guys
As I said before, many times, your biker name comes naturally, but that's not to say you can't choose it yourself. Here are some tips to help you choose a kickass name.
- Make it personal: Use your real name, profession, hometown, interests, or whatever information about yourself that makes your nickname unique to you.
- Make it funny: It's not a requirement, but a funny name is always a great conversation starter! I bet Rooster has a great story behind his biker name.
- Make it easy to remember: This isn't a time to get formal and fancy. Keep your name short and simple so fellow bikers will remember it.
Now that you know what makes a great biker name, here are some examples I've heard over the years.
Biker Names for Girls
Motorcycles aren't just for the guys anymore! Chicks like to ride too! Here are some naming tips for the ladies!
- Make it fierce: You're badass! You're feisty! You're a biker! If you're going to come up with your own name, make sure it illustrates what an awesomely intimidating woman you are!
- Make it sexy: Of course, a leather-clad lady deserves a sexy name! If this is your style, pick a name that shows your sultry side!
- Make it suit you: Most importantly, your name must match your personality or appearance! Are you a party girl? Tequila or Margarita would be fun names to consider. Maybe you've got a head full of red curls? Curly or Ginger might fit you perfectly!
Don't pick a name just based on how it sounds; pick it because it suits you! If you want some more ideas, here are 60 sample biker chick names to consider!
How Do I Choose a Biker Name?
Make your biker name a good one—something you’ll continue to enjoy years from now. Remember, bikers are a family, which means this will probably be your nickname for life.
If you're stalled in the name-choosing process, consider what makes you unique. Think about your:
Come up with something original and interesting that will make people wonder. While you're trying to think of a clever biker name, make sure you're keeping up with all the latest biker slang; staying up to date on the lingo might help you find a fitting name.
Make sure the nickname makes sense for you, and certainly do your best to have a story that helps explain how you got it. Telling someone you got your nickname because “it sounded cool” might work for teenagers, but not for bikers. If your nickname isn’t self-explanatory, then make sure you know why you have the nickname you do.
Ultimately, you'll need to take your time to come up with the perfect biker name—don't rush; instead, wait until you come up with an awesome name that you won't mind being called for the rest of your days on the road.
Looking for a Name for Your Motorcycle Club?
Coming up with a name for your motorcycle club or biker group can be a challenge. Try to capture something unique about your group in your crew's name, such as where you live or something all your members have in common.
Below is a generator you can use to help you brainstorm ideas for your motorcycle club. The examples are general and can be used in any order.
Biker Gang: Motorcycle Club Name Generator
|First Word||Second Word||Third Word (Optional)|
Color (i.e., blue, black, silver, gold, emerald, ruby, etc.)
Animal (i.e., cougars, tigers, wolves, dogs, etc.)
Interesting adjective (i.e., cool, curvy, bad, speedy, etc.)
Fun noun (i.e., angels, devils, boys, lovers, etc.)
Road-related term (i.e., speed, plugs, metals, travelers, etc.)
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.