My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I love writing articles that bring a little creativity to everyday life.
Wondering What to Call Your Car?
What’s not to love about a vehicle with some personality? Some look sleek and drive quiet, while others roar down the road with gusto and make their presence known.
Giving a car a name is a great way to complement its visual and mechanical appeal, but it's also much more than that. Naming the vehicle you use daily provides you a more personal way to reference it in conversation and connect with it when you drive. When you name your car, it gives you a sense of pride in its ownership. It makes you feel like you've got a partner in crime every time you hit the road.
Some people choose to name their car as soon as they purchase it, but giving yourself a few days to get acquainted with your new vehicle and what makes it unique before setting anything in stone could also be a good idea.
- Cute and Girly Female Car Names
- Why Choose a Girly or Female Name?
- Badass Female Car Names
- 5 Things to Consider When Naming Your New Vehicle
- Sexy Feminine Car Names
- Classy and Elegant Names for White Cars
- Cool Names for Black Cars
- Fiery Names for Red Cars
- Adorable Names for Small Cars
- Maternal Names for Minivans and Mom Cars
Cute and Girly Female Car Names
Why Choose a Girly or Female Name?
There are many reasons why you might give your car a "female" name. Perhaps you want to name it after a female celebrity or role model in your life. Perhaps you subscribe to the traditional idea that vehicles like cars and boats should have feminine names and be referred to as "she." Perhaps you think your vehicle gives off a girly or feminine energy.
Whatever the case may be, you've decided your car is one gorgeous lady, and you need to find her a gorgeous name to match. Luckily, there are hundreds of carefully curated options right here, and they've been broken up into convenient categories for your browsing pleasure.
Badass Female Car Names
Xena Warrior Prius
5 Things to Consider When Naming Your New Vehicle
- Color: There are plenty of fun and catchy names that are inspired by colors. If the color of your car is something you’d like to emphasize, you may want to consider incorporating that into its name somehow. After all, you chose that color because you enjoy it, right?
- Make and model: These can easily be turned into a fitting name for your car. Driving a Toyota Camry or a sassy new Camero? "Cammie" or "Cam Cam" would be cute and totally fitting for your sweet new set of wheels!
- Type: Whether you've got a new, fuel-efficient commuter or a smokin’ hot classic low rider, the type of car you own should ultimately influence the name you select. If you have a luxury car, it wouldn’t make much sense to name it "Beater" or "Junkyard."
- Special features: Is it a convertible? Does it have a hydraulic system or a sweet stereo? Is it turbocharged? Does it have a cute pair of novelty eyelashes around the headlights?
- What you love about it: What exactly do you just love about your car? Perhaps you adore the fact that it’s as quiet as a whisper or that it’s low to the ground. It’s always a good idea to focus on what it is that you love about something when trying to name it.
Sexy Feminine Car Names
Classy and Elegant Names for White Cars
Cool Names for Black Cars
Fiery Names for Red Cars
Red Riding Hood
Adorable Names for Small Cars
Lil Bo Peep
Maternal Names for Minivans and Mom Cars
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
The Maxi Taxi
Hopefully, this extensive list of ideas has given you some inspiration. Always remember—when dealing with a gorgeous car, it's important to keep her looking her showroom best with occasional washing and detailing. Driving an aptly named and well-maintained vehicle around town will have you feeling properly pampered and more connected to your commute in no time. Happy driving!
Can You Guess Which Cars Are Cheapest to Insure?
More on Naming Cars
- 150+ Legit Truck Names (Badass, Classic, and Female Pickup Ideas)
Are you a truck enthusiast? Whether you've got a Chevy Silverado, a classic 1966 Ford F-100, or a Dodge Ram, there's a truck name for you here on the list.
- What Do Celebrities Call Their Cars?
The names these celebrities have given their cars will make you rethink your own car's pet name!
- 800+ Good Car Names Based on Color, Style, Personality & More
New car? Here is a huge list of over 800 awesome car name ideas sorted by type of car, personality, color, and more to help you name your sweet set of wheels!
Angela on August 21, 2020:
Steph on August 17, 2020:
My car is black widow
DebLew on May 01, 2020:
I had a sporty Lexus a few years ago and we called her Sexy Lexy!
We used to also have a Subaru Impreza hatchback and we called it Pepe le blue.
Mal on March 14, 2020:
My car name Evie.
TwinkieSweet on October 28, 2019:
My matt black race car with red head lights is called The Red Eye Reaper
Bumblebee on October 21, 2019:
my car's name... is Bumblebee.
yeah, like the transformer. I OOP-
Evie on September 04, 2019:
Hey, booboo! :) You name a car because men used to name their boats and ships, and ALWAYS a female name...THAT’S why! Geez, pick up a history book every so often and learn something!
booboo on July 30, 2019:
why would you name a car
Carolyn on July 06, 2019:
Someone once told me my car looked like a Lucy. And it just always stuck with it.
Lena on June 19, 2019:
My car is named Ratchet. Just like the Transformer.
Bust it down on June 05, 2019:
My cars name is bust it down
Umaymah on April 18, 2019:
I never thought of how good the names that I picked
Nell Rose from England on June 16, 2016:
Hiya, well that was different! lol! and something i wouldn't have thought of, great idea though! I have a bike called betsy, does that count? great hub!