My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I love writing articles that bring a little creativity to everyday life.
What’s not to love about cars with some personality? Some look sleek and you would never hear them coming while others roar and make their presence known.
Giving a car a name can also complement the car’s visual appeal while giving the owner a more special way to reference it and connect with it. Often times, people will name their car when they first purchase it or complete their projects on a fixer-upper.
5 Tips for Picking a Car Name
Getting a new car or restoring an old one are exciting events and should call for a name! People name their cars after various things, such as:
- Color: There’s lots of great and fun names that come from colors. It’s very appropriate to incorporate the color in the name somehow, if the color of your car is something you’d like to emphasize. After all, you picked your car in that color likely because you enjoy the color, right? Right.
- Make and model: These can easily be turned into a befitting name for your car. Driving a Toyota Camry or a sassy new Camero? "Cammie" or "Cam Cam" would be cute and totally fit your sweet wheels!
- Type: A sun, sporty car or a smokin’ hot classic, the type of car you own should ultimately influence the name. Say you have a luxury car, it wouldn’t make much sense to name it “beater,” nor would it compliment its luxury appearance.
- Special features: Is it a convertible? Does it have a hydraulic system or a sweet sound system? Turbocharged? How about a cute pair of those car lashes around the headlights?
- What they love: What exactly do you just love about your car? Perhaps it’s that it’s as quiet as a whisper or that it’s low to the ground. Whatever it is, it’s always good that you focus on what it is that you love about your car!
When someone names their car, it gives them a sense of pride in ownership. A lot of guys name their cars, but what about girls? If you are a girl looking for a car name or anyone simply looking for girl car names, read on!
Girly Car Name Ideas
There’s many reasons why someone would give their car a female name, one being that it gives them a feeling of dominance, that they have a total feeling of control (feeds the ego kind-of-thing).
Not only that, but some females are downright gorgeous and if a female is gorgeous and has a beautifully feminine name, it makes her even more appealing, much like that sexy car at that car show you went to a while back that just had the perfect name! Or, maybe they are a female in the feminist bunch, who knows?
Whatever reason it is that you’re looking for girl car names, We have a whole bunch of ‘em!
Great Names to Call Your Car
|Alexa||Highway Diva||Racing Rocket|
Red Riding Hood
("Purrs like a") Kitten
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Skulls N Bows
The Royal Carriage
Wonder Woman Wagon
Xena Warrior Prius
Well since you already know that your car is a “she,” all you really have left to do is name her, right? And always remember: When dealing with a female car, keep her looking her showroom best by keeping her nice and detailed. Girls like to be pampered and pretty, and you’ll feel even better driving her around town, too!
Can you guess which cars are cheapest to insure?
Steph on August 17, 2020:
My car is black widow
DebLew on May 01, 2020:
I had a sporty Lexus a few years ago and we called her Sexy Lexy!
We used to also have a Subaru Impreza hatchback and we called it Pepe le blue.
Mal on March 14, 2020:
My car name Evie.
TwinkieSweet on October 28, 2019:
My matt black race car with red head lights is called The Red Eye Reaper
Bumblebee on October 21, 2019:
my car's name... is Bumblebee.
yeah, like the transformer. I OOP-
Evie on September 04, 2019:
Hey, booboo! :) You name a car because men used to name their boats and ships, and ALWAYS a female name...THAT’S why! Geez, pick up a history book every so often and learn something!
booboo on July 30, 2019:
why would you name a car
Carolyn on July 06, 2019:
Someone once told me my car looked like a Lucy. And it just always stuck with it.
Lena on June 19, 2019:
My car is named Ratchet. Just like the Transformer.
Bust it down on June 05, 2019:
My cars name is bust it down
Umaymah on April 18, 2019:
I never thought of how good the names that I picked
Nell Rose from England on June 16, 2016:
Hiya, well that was different! lol! and something i wouldn't have thought of, great idea though! I have a bike called betsy, does that count? great hub!