My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I love writing articles that bring a little creativity to everyday life.
Naming Your Wheels
Giving a car a name gives it a little personality of its own. There’s no shame in taking so much pride in your car and giving it a name; after all, you earned that car, you bought it, it’s yours! Putting so much money into something, you’d better show it off! A car is one of your most expensive purchases, next to a mortgage and student loans.
You can have a car that’s not so tough and still give it a good, masculine-sounding name to boost its manly appeal. Whether you’re a guy looking to name his car or even a girl looking for badass car names, here are some factors to think about as you consider the perfect name:
- Car type: The type of car you have can and should really influence the name of your car. Is it sporty? Is it luxury? Is it old or brand new? Even the make or model of the car can suggest some good ideas for names!
- Car color: Many people look at the color of their car and just know what they will call it. Will you be one of those people? Check out this crazy long list of car names sorted by color!
- Your personality: This one should be a given, but have you evaluated your own personality lately? If you intend on having your car be a reflection of who you are, then giving it a name that’s suitable to your personality is a good start!
- Favorite features: What is it that you love so much about your car? Is it fast? Is it low? Fully loaded? Neons underneath? Thinking about why you love your car enough to name it can certainly help you come up with a good name!
- Special features: The car likely has some kind of feature that is special about it, particularly if it is your project car. Whether you have a sweet hood scoop or a roaring exhaust system, you can look towards the special features for some inspiration.
- License plate: If your license plate number contains words or letters that can be made out into a word, this can sometimes be helpful. Otherwise, many car owners will go on to name their car and then get a custom license plate with something indicating the name.
Now if you’re here looking for some badass car names, then read on because I have 101 of them!
Is your car on this list?
Cool Car Names
|Axel||Hercules||Rings of Horsepower|
King of the Road
The Big Lebowski
Eddie Van Halen
Fast and Furious
After reading through this list, I’m sure you've come up with a few ideas of your own! Of course, you’re more than welcome to use the names I've suggested here should you find one that’s perfect.
If you are having a hard time coming up with a name, it’s okay—it’s normal! Sometimes it’s best to wait a little while before giving your car a name so that you have had ample opportunity to really get to know it. Take it out of the garage for a good wash and wax, and the name will come!
8 Dumbest Car Names Ever
How about ,shock, on April 19, 2020:
It's just a name the you called when people try hard on you you go back with revenge instead shock
RaNdoM cAr EnThUsIaSt on April 04, 2020:
No way do you have a 1978 Caddy Biarritz
Tyler Claycomb on October 27, 2019:
What would be a good name for a honda accord for my Instagram promotions
Peggy on August 25, 2019:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a name for my 1978 Yellow Cadillac Biarritz?
ooga booga on May 17, 2019:
google user on April 01, 2019:
Optimus Phantom Warlock
Yeh on February 11, 2019:
Strike Mack Call your name "Dopy"
Ryan on November 27, 2018:
It was ok
Demonic999 on July 20, 2018:
I couldn't help but laugh at most of these because of all the dad puns!
Whisky waggon, I just can't get over it
flower on April 25, 2018:
this sight is awesome i am thing of naming my satan
Stike Mack on September 23, 2017:
2006 chev monte carlo LTX gray, mint cond. Low rumble dual exhaust. Chrome tip pipes, black leather, spoiler, low key no big stripe markings no letters just a one dale Earnhardt emblem on trunk. Kinda sleeper look. 3.9L V-6 247 HP. Lots of get up and go. Still front wheel drive. So not real muscle car in my mind. But for year, Cond and lack of other montes i love it and need to name it. I'm introverted, off the wall at times. Have dire straights and the cure as my favorite music, the clash, the cars and tom petty close behind. Take some ganj, some zeppelin and cruise. Set on loud and tbis old man will cruise up the country. Just cant put a name to my ride. I appeeciate any ideas. Solid!
donkey on February 06, 2017:
this is great! lmaooo