Max holds a B.S. in mass communications from SIU, an M.A. in communications from U of I, and is pursuing an MBA from Webster University.
The "Sync with MyFord Touch" operating system in Ford vehicles lets you pair a smartphone via Bluetooth, and even gives you control over some of your phone's features using voice commands. If you have your phone contacts loaded to your vehicle's Sync operating system, you can go even further and initiate a phone call to a specific person by saying "Call" and then the name of your contact. You can pair a phone with your Ford vehicle's Sync system, and load your phone's contacts to the system through Sync's Settings menu.
Pair Phone With Sync Using MyFord Touch
- Tap the "Settings" icon in the lower right corner of the Sync with MyFord Touch home screen.
- Tap "Settings" again, this time in the list that appears on the left side of the display.
- Choose "Phone" on the right side of the console's display.
- Select "Settings" in the list that appears on the left side of the screen. The selection will appear highlighted in yellow.
- Tap "Bluetooth Devices" on the right side of the screen. The Bluetooth Devices - Phone screen appears.
- Choose "Add Device" at the top of the list on the right side of the display.
- Tap "Find Other Devices." A list of detected Bluetooth devices appears on the display's screen.
- Tap the name of the phone you want to pair with the Sync with MyFord Touch system. A message appears on the screen asking if the number shown on your console matches the number shown on your smartphone. At the same time, a Bluetooth pairing request appears on your smartphone with a number.
- Verify that the number in the pairing request on your smartphone matches the number presented on your console's display, and then tap "Yes" on your vehicle's console and "Pair" on your smartphone. A pairing message appears on your vehicle's console. After a successful connection, another message appears that says your Sync with MyFord Touch system is connecting to your smartphone. Finally, after your smartphone successfully connects to the Sync with MyFord Touch system, a dialog box appears asking you to validate your voicemail phone number, and also if you want to automatically download your smartphone's phonebook to your Sync with MyFord Touch system.
- Choose "Apply" after making the necessary selections. Your smartphone is now successfully paired with your vehicle's Sync system.
Disconnect or Delete Phone From Sync With MyFord Touch
- Follow Steps 1-5 in the Pair Phone with Sync with MyFord Touch to arrive at the Bluetooth Devices - Phone screen.
- Tap "Disconnect." A Phone Disconnected message appears in the center of the Sync with MyFord Touch display, notifying you that your phone is no longer paired with the operating system. Alternatively, you can choose "Delete" on this screen to remove your phone completely from the Sync with MyFord Touch system so that it is no longer recognized.
Read More from AxleAddict
How to Change Sync With MyFord Touch Wallpaper
Load Phone Contacts to Sync With MyFord Touch
- Select the "Settings" button in the lower right corner of the Sync with MyFord Touch home screen.
- Tap "Settings" again in the list of choices along the left side of the screen. The Settings icon has a gear to the left of it.
- Choose "Phone" in the list of options that appear on the right side of the screen.
- Press "Settings" within the choices along the left edge of the screen.
- Scroll down the list of options on the right side of the display until Manage Phonebook appears on the screen, and then tap "Manage Phonebook." The Manage Phonebook window appears on the right side of the display.
- Set "Auto Phonebook Download" to "ON."
- Tap the "Back" button to the left of Manage Phonebook in the upper left corner of the display window.
- Select "Phonebook" in the list of options on the left side of the screen. You should now see the contacts from your smartphone loaded to the phonebook. If you don't see the contacts from your smartphone loaded to your Sync with MyFord Touch system, choose "Settings" on the left side of the display again, and then select "Manage Phonebook."
- Select "Download" to the right of Re-download Phonebook. This forces a download of your device's phonebook to the Sync with MyFord Touch system. A message appears on the screen notifying you when the download of your contacts to the system is complete.
- Press the "Home" button to return to the home screen.
Delete Phone Contacts From Sync With MyFord Touch
- Follow Steps 1 through 5 in the Load Contacts to Sync with MyFord Touch section to arrive at the Manage Phonebook screen.
- Tap "Delete" to the right of Delete Phonebook. A message appears on the screen notifying you that all of the contacts in your Sync with MyFord Touch phonebook are being deleted appears. When the message disappears, all of your contacts will have been successfully removed.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2017 Max Dalton