Chris describes and reviews books, music, merchandise, even laws as a result of personal experience.
The Audew 2-Cylinder Compressor is a 6.6-pound device that is designed to top off the air pressure in your car’s tires. The manufacturer claims it can also pump up a flat tire in an amazingly short amount of time. According to the manufacturer, this small unit can inflate tires on motorhomes, travel trailers, and pickup trucks as well. Do you have a basketball that needs air, flotation devices for the beach, or a bicycle tire you just put a new tube into? The Audew compressor was designed for all these purposes. In this review, we will see if the Audew 2-Cylinder Compressor can do what the manufacturers claim it can do.
What's in the Box?
- Compressor with attached LED light and analog pressure gauge
- Clips for battery
- Adapter for lighter outlet/12 volt outlet
- Power cord (11.8 ft)
- Air hose (16.4 ft)
- Additional nozzles (3)
- Storage/carrying bag
How to Set Up the Audew Compressor
- Attach the air hose. Find the end of the coiled air hose with the brass fitting that has threads on the outside. Connect this to the end of the black air hose coming off the compressor. These screw together.
- Remove the cap from the stem of the tire you wish to inflate. Attach the air hose by screwing it onto the threads of the stem. The current pressure of the tire will now show on the analog pressure gauge on the compressor. The instructions for operating the compressor, which are included in the box, instruct you to attach the nozzle to the tire stem by pressing down the lever. These instructions are for a different type of nozzle. The nozzle on the end of the hose is actually attached by screwing it onto the threads of the tire stem.
- Hook up to the power source. I recommend hooking directly to the car’s battery. The new 12-volt accessory adaptors in cars these days are usually rated at 5 amps. They may or may not deliver more than that. The compressor is capable of drawing 30 amps. The accessory outlet may operate the compressor, but it won’t be as efficient as connecting to the battery directly. All you need to remember when connecting to the battery is red goes to the positive post and black goes to the negative post. Another way to do it is to match the red on the clip’s wire with the red wire connected to the battery. The other clip goes to the battery’s other post with a black wire.
- Check the current pressure in the tire by reading the analog pressure gauge.
- Now you are ready to pump air into the tire. The on/off switch is on the side of the compressor. The instructions tell you to use the spotlight switch. Actually, there are two switches. One is for the spotlight. The other is for the compressor and is located next to where the power cord comes out of the body of the unit. If the compressor does not start, check the connection of the power cable to the battery clip adaptor. While I was using the compressor, two times the power cord pulled out of the adapter just enough to break the connection. This isn’t a big deal, just push the power cord further into the adapter.
- Keep an eye on the pressure gauge while the compressor is inflating the tire. Allow the compressor to pump two to three psi more than what you desire. You will lose this extra pressure when you disconnect the air hose from the tire stem.
My Video Demonstration of the Audew 2-Cylinder Compressor
A Look at the Specs of the Audew 2-Cylinder Compressor
How do the Audew portable compressor specs compare to other compressors in the same class? I’ve provided a chart below that compares four other compressors with the Audew 2-Cylinder Compressor on sixteen points.
Comparison of Audew Compressor Specs and Those of Four Others in Its Class
Max air flow (lpm)
Max amp draw
Max working pressure (psi)
60 (cars), 110 (bicycles)
10 x 5.5 x 3.5
10.2 x 6 x 4
8.6 x 3.1 x 7.2
12.67 x 6.91x 8.19
10.1 x 3.9 x 6.1
Power cord length (ft)
Air hose length (ft)
Battery clamps and 12V outlet port adapter
Yes clamps. Yes clamps, No 12V power outlet adapter
12 months FREE manufacturer warranty & 180 days replacement & 90 days refund (Non-artificial damage) & 24 hours customer service.
LED light comes with a 12 month warranty. For warranty information about the compressor, contact the manufacturer.
If defective, return within 7 days for exchange or refund. Buyer pays shipping.
Observations About the Specs
- The Audew and Miady compressors have a maximum amp draw of 30 amps. The others have less. The only reliable way to take advantage of this power is to connect the compressor directly to the battery and to have the automobile running. The cigarette lighter/12 volt outlet inside the vehicle will likely only deliver 5 amps.
- The Audew, GSPSCN, and Tirewell units do not come with automatic pressure cutoff capability. The Miady and PowRyte units do have pressure cutoff capability. This means that you can preset the compressor to the desired psi and it will automatically shut off when the pressure reaches that number.
- The power cord length of the Audew unit is longer than any of the others
- The air hose length of the Audew and Tirewell units is 11.8 feet which is much longer than the others.
- The air pressure gauge for the Audew, GSPSCN, and Tirewell units is analog. The Miady and PowRyte are digital.
- The Audew compressor is the only one of the five to report that it has thermal cutoff capability. This means the unit will shut off automatically if it gets too hot.
- The Audew compressor comes with an outstanding warranty compared to what the other manufacturers reported.
My Impressions About the Audew 2-Cylinder Compressor
- The Audew compressor is a well built, high-quality unit. The only piece of equipment that did not perform as expected was the adapter for connecting the power cord to the battery clips. This connector and cord separated slightly two times while I used it. It is only a minor problem that is corrected by pushing the cord back into the adapter fully.
- The compressor is not loud, and it does not vibrate excessively. On the contrary, I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was and how little it vibrated. The unit stays in place while operating.
- The length of the power cord and the air hose was very helpful. The others have a total length that is shorter.
- The Audew compressor inflated my tire from 0 to 32 psi in about 10 minutes. On the Amazon page for the Audew compressor, the following claim appears: With heavy-duty DUAL CYLINDERS, AUDEW portable air compressor can inflate P195/R15 from 0 ~ 35 PSI in approximately 2 minutes or less. My tire is only slightly larger than this. Why is there such a difference in tire inflation time? My guess is that the manufacturer’s test was done on a tire that was not mounted on a vehicle. Keep in mind, this compressor and others in its class were really designed to top off the air pressure in a vehicle’s tires. For example, if my tire pressure had slipped down to 28 psi, the Audew compressor was designed to bring the pressure back up to 32 psi. It is capable of doing much more than that, though.
Analog Air Pressure Meter
In my opinion, the The Audew 2-Cylinder Compressor is a high-quality piece of equipment that matches or exceeds the specifications of other compressors in its class. The fact that the manufacturer is marketing this unit with such a strong warranty might be seen as evidence of the quality of the product. They are willing to stand behind the compressor because they are confident their customers will like it. The manufacturers of the other compressors to which I compared the Audew unit did not put their warranty information on their Amazon pages.
I recommend the Audew 2-Cylinder Compressor for the following reasons:
- It is easy to operate.
- It does what it was designed to do.
- It does it quickly and quietly.
- If it’s dark when you need to use the compressor, it has a powerful LED light on the front.
- If there is a problem with the compressor, the manufacturer will make it right within the limits of an impressive warranty.
If you are looking for a portable compressor that will top off the air pressure in your vehicle’s tires, pump your tire from flat to full in a matter of minutes, inflate your air mattress, sports balls, and other inflatables, the Audew 2-Cylinder Compressor is, in my opinion, the best in its class based on a comparison to similar units, performance, and a strong product warranty.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Questions & Answers
Question: Audew's own website indicates their 2-cylinder portable air compressor's lpm is 60 rather than the 80 lpm that you cited. Why the discrepancy?
Answer: I appreciate the heads up on this. I just double checked and the original box lists the specs on the outside. I wish I could post a photo of it here. The first spec is "Maximum Air Flow: 85 Litres per minute". I double checked the Audew website and found the same information you did, 60 lpm. I found other errors on the box and for that reason, I will change my information to 60 lpm.