How to Change Sync With MyFord Touch Wallpaper
The Sync with MyFord Touch system in Ford vehicles gives users a friendly interface into a lot of the vehicle's integrated technology. Users can load their contacts from their smartphone and access those contacts through voice commands, connect a smartphone via Bluetooth, access GPS, dial 911, get a vehicle health report, and much more. One of the more personal adjustments a user can make to the system is to change the wallpaper background. You can import image files from a USB thumb drive into the vehicle's system, and then select a specific file to appear in the background on your home display.
Steps for Changing Ford Wallpaper
- Either download or create your own wallpaper that is 800 x 384 pixels in size.
- Place any wallpaper you want to add to your vehicle's wallpaper storage to a USB thumb drive.
- Connect the USB thumb drive to one of your vehicle's available USB ports. These are typically located either on the dash or in the center console.
- Press "Settings" in the lower right corner of the Sync with MyFord Touch home screen. The Settings screen opens.
- Tap "Display" along the left side of the Settings screen. The Display section appears on the right side of the screen.
- Select "Edit Wallpaper." The Wallpaper Editor screen opens.
- Press "Add" on the right side of the screen. A warning appears telling you that only JPG, GIF, PNG, and PNG files can be used. Additionally, the warning notifies you that only files up to 1.5 MB in size and no larger than 800 x 384 pixels will be recognized. Finally, the warning will also convey the max number of images that can be stored on your vehicles hard drive.
- Tap "OK" at the bottom of the warning message. The Add Photos screen appears, showing a list of recognized connected drives.
- Select the name of your connected USB thumb drive containing the wallpaper images you want to load to your vehicle. A list of supported image files you can use as wallpaper on your Sync with MyFord Touch display appears.
- Tap the name of any files in the list that you want to save to your vehicles hard drive so you can use them as wallpaper. A message appears on the screen notifying you when that file has been saved to your vehicle's hard drive. If for some reason a file can't be imported into your vehicle's hard drive, an Import Fault message will appear, telling you that the selected file can't be imported.
- Choose the "Back" button to the left of Add Photos after you've selected the images on your USB thumb drive that you want to add to your vehicle's hard drive. The files you saved to your vehicles hard drive now appear in the Wallpaper Editor list.
- Press the name of the file you want to set as the current wallpaper on your Sync with MyFord Touch console. A preview of that image file appears on the left side of the display, with Save and Delete buttons at the bottom of the image preview.
- Tap "Save" to save that particular image as your wallpaper. A message appears on your console screen notifying you that file is now your the wallpaper for your vehicle's display. Alternatively, tapping "Delete" removes that image file from your vehicle's hard drive.
- Press the "Home" button along the bottom of your screen's display to return to the home screen. Your wallpaper will now appear as the background on your display.
How to Load Phone Contacts to Sync With MyFord Touch
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2017 Max Dalton